Followers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Serious Inquiry: Why Does America Hate On Weed And Not Cigarettes?

Now I'm aware of the several states that distribute marijuana for medicinal purposes, and don't get me wrong.. that's awesome! Listed below is a chart of the current states that approved the use of long lost medicine.

 There are additional states that are pending the use of medicinal cannabis, but... what I'm trying to figure out is what the f**k is taking so long!? For years, marijuana has been criticized and said to be addictive to the "criminals" that use the herb. But finally, after research, the negatives don't necessarily outweigh the positives at all. But I'll save that talk for another post! The matter at hand is... although cigarette companies make millions upon millions of dollar, their product  provides harmful chemicals to enter the body and eventually contribute to developments of cancer and what not. Apparently in the United States that isn't a problem. If you do your research and look up the benefits of marijuana usage opposed to the benefits of smoking cigarettes, you'll clearly see which product is more beneficial and healthier. **Cough** Marijuana **Cough** (pun intended.) The sad part is: if you're caught smoking marijuana without the prescription, or within a state in which the drug is portrayed as "criminal" you can expect to pay some fines and possibly do some time. NONSENSE, I know. However, you can always smoke a cigarette and kill yourself, that's A-Okay in our country! I'm very curious to see what will happen with marijuana in regards to its legality in our country over the next few years! Which state do you think will be the last to approve the use of medicinal marijuana? Besides... it's just a plant.
 

37 comments:

  1. *got a little herb tree in my garden*
    time to legalize

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna do it legal or not.
    But it should be legal and dirt cheap.
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that the politicians can't see how amazing this plant is, it really is the wonder plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The country makes a ton of money off of cigarettes. End of story

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the U.S. Military, so I'm not allowed to host an opinion on the matter -

    I will say, though, that you would have a better chance of killing yourself by outside, rolling up some leaves off the ground and smoking them than just rolling up a joint.
    It's all politics - there's no substantiated and empirical scientific evidence that marijuana is more harmful to you than the rest of the shit we're shoving down our throats.

    I'll probably make it a topic of one of my blogs later on in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you, people are overreacting to marijuana huge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy question, it's about business interests. By all accounts they should have starting hating on cigs once the health information became known, but private enterprise is a powerful - and taxable - force.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgia will probably be the last. There's still dry counties here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's that politicians know that it makes most people that use it into insufferable pricks.

    Maybe I've met the wrong people, but all but maybe three potheads I've met were obnoxious dicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want a J right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. because corporations have much more money invested in tobacco than marijuana

    when tobacco kills millions and weed doesn't even come close to those numbers you know something is wrong

    ReplyDelete
  12. Foolish to waste tax dollars trying to legislate against it. I have no doubt it'll be legalized in the future, but it'll be a fight getting there.

    It's a topic I'll probably mention myself in my new blog at some point. Check it out and follow if you'd like.

    http://justsomespice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't understand either how it became so taboo in American society. It's better for you than alcohol and cigarettes both and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any adverse effects on the lungs. Phelps smokes and still swims faster than 99.99% of world population. Hmm, hint politicians?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, we in the Netherlands have had legalised marihuana for years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. personally im not a fan of either

    ReplyDelete
  16. They make more money on it being illegal is all I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marijuana doesn't cause any direct deaths, but it does cause indirect deaths. Kind of like alcohol and drunk driving.

    Honestly, I think cig smoke and alcohol are more harmful to a body than pot, but pot has been labeled as evil since the early 20th century due to propoganda by the government. Mostly from tobacco lobbyists, trying to keep the monopoly on which plant is ok to smoke and which isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ive always wondered the same thing myself. it really makes me ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't smoke weed, but I agree that they should just legalize it. Alcohol is so much more dangerous. It all just seems so hypocritical. One of the states in the south or middle america will be last to approve the use.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its just how it is, there's really no reason why Alcohol or cigarettes should be allowed and weed don't. Alcohol costs many many lives, while cigarettes are as well a danger for themselves and their relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cigarette and Alcohol companies have $. That's the difference. Weed's getting there though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i hope things are going to change in the future

    ReplyDelete
  23. I heard that recently America hates cigarettes too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah its all because there is alot of money to be made from cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its slowly building support. I don't smoke anything, but I can respect it has less issues health wise than tobacco, it's social problems that occur.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whether youre a marijuana smoker or not, the legalization of marijuana has obvious benefits to the nations economy. If that shit were to be legalized and taxed, the federal government would make millions right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Still, from an economical point of view, even with taxes it should still be cheaper, the price is only currently what it is due to the fact it's illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish marijuana would become legal, tax it and it could help our economy too.

    ReplyDelete